Some things must be seen to be believed. If you don’t believe Palin could have said this, you can listen to the video on CBS’s website:
Couric: What’s your position on global warming? Do you believe it’s man-made or not?
Palin: Well, we’re the only Arctic state, of course, Alaska. So we feel the impacts more than any other state, up there with the changes in climates. And certainly, it is apparent. We have erosion issues. And we have melting sea ice, of course. So, what I’ve done up there is form a sub-cabinet to focus solely on climate change. Understanding that it is real. And …
Couric: Is it man-made, though in your view?
Palin: You know there are — there are man’s activities that can be contributed (sic) to the issues that we’re dealing with now, with these impacts. I’m not going to solely blame all of man’s activities on changes in climate. Because the world’s weather patterns are cyclical. And over history we have seen change there. But kind of doesn’t matter at this point, as we debate what caused it. The point is: it’s real; we need to do something about it.
Note to Governor Palin:
It kind of does matter whether man’s activities are to blame or not, because, you know, if we’re not the cause then we’re, kind of, not the solution either, and the point is, that whatever we need to do about it, doing what your running mate wants makes kind of no sense at all. Kind of. Assuming he still wants to do anything now given that he has stopped talking about any energy issue that doesn’t kind of involve the word “drilling” and that he has kind of picked someone who understands the issue so little that she completely mixes up the few talking points on the subject she was given by her handlers. Kind of, you know, the whole point.
- What are the moral implications of the Palin pick?
- Sarah Palin is the fungible candidate
- Most revealing Palin energy whopper: Iran could cut off a fifth of the world’s energy supplies
- In her big speech, Palin repeats the GOP’s big energy lie — plus three other energy lies, too
- Slick Sarah, the make-believe maverick
- Note to media: Pork queen Palin is an earmark expert, NOT energy expert
- McCain VP Palin is a global-warming-denying, polar-bear-dissing, Pat Buchanan acolyte