Anti-Semite Patrick Little has pulled off a rare feat: getting one of the most far-right friendly sites on the internet to ban him.
The wannabe politician has regularly launched stunts like his “Name the Jew” tour, during which he crossed the country spewing anti-Semitic bile with a sign reading, “Jews Rape Kids.” He also unsuccessfully ran for U.S. Senate in California, earning the endorsement of former Ku Klux Klan member David Duke, and called for the expulsion of all Jewish people from the United States.
It’s not surprising then that Little found a temporary home on the far-right friendly social media platform Gab, which has become a notorious hangout for far-right figures online. The site was brought to national attention after last month’s horrific shooting at a Pittsburgh synagogue when it emerged that the shooter, Robert Bowers, regularly posted there; one message, posted minutes before the attack, read, “screw your optics I’m going in.” The site was temporarily de-platformed after the shooting but has since come back online.
Last week, however, Little’s anti-Semitism proved too much even for Gab. As Mic reported at the time, Little was banned from the site after he posted a rambling monologue defending Bowers and saying his grievances were “legitimate.”
“Gab determined that Gabs posted to the @Patrick_Little account crossed the line by encouraging its followers to harass private citizens who were not the subject of any public controversy,” Gab said in a statement. “Accordingly Gab has permanently suspended the account. Though we are pro-freedom, we are not pro-anarchy.”
— Gab.com🕊 (@getongab) November 20, 2018
However, Little remains active on YouTube, where he posted a 90-minute video after he found out he had been banned from Gab. “All I know is a bunch of Kosher people with a bunch of Kosher money came in,” Little said. “[They] got involved with the hosting of Gab recently and they were deleting all of my followers, my big followers.”
Over the past week, Little has continued to post streams and videos on YouTube, including five in the past week alone. In response to ThinkProgress’ request for comment regarding Little’s continued presence on the platform, YouTube said Monday that it was looking into the matter.
YouTube is notorious for going back and forth with far-right and conspiracy figures as to whether their content violates community guidelines. After the Parkland, Florida school shooting in March, YouTube gave conspiracy theorist Alex Jones two strikes and permanently banned the account of Infowars correspondent Jerome Corsi (who is currently a person of interest to Special Counsel Robert Mueller).
But Infowars then published a video comparing the Parkland survivors to the Hitler Youth, and no action was taken. In fact, YouTube only permanently banned Jones in August, after a wave of Big Tech companies — including Apple, Spotify, and Facebook — decided to de-platform him for violating community guidelines, specifically for promoting violence and hate speech.