Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– A federal judge has denied a request to expedite a challenge to the Defense of Marriage Act by same-sex military families.
– Check out this new Ally’s Guide to Talking About Marriage for Same-Sex Couples.
– Illinois couples in civil unions are struggling to figure out how to file their taxes.
– Georgia’s General Assembly has adjourned without taking up two proposed LGBT bills.
– An attempt to overturn Baltimore County’s new LGBT non-discrimination protections has failed.
– Showing its true desperation and overwhelming defeat last month, NOM still hasn’t given up fighting marriage equality in New Hampshire.
– The first-ever PTA to support gay students has formed at a school on Long Island.
– AlterNet profiles five countries that teach and promote sexual health better than the U.S.
– San Diego may become one of the first cities to designate a Harvey Milk Street.
– Child Celebrities Opposing Kirk Cameron (CCOKC, Audio NSFW):
Unknown iFrame situation