Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– The wording for Maine’s ballot question to legalize same-sex marriage is still a contentious issue.
– Learn the full backstory of the first same-sex couple to marry on a military base.
– Meet 24-year-old Alec Exeter, a survivor of anti-gay abuse and ex-gay exorcisms who is recovering from C-PTSD.
– Voice of America has documented the horrific anti-gay violence still playing out regularly in St. Petersburg, Russia.
– 50 Cent has offered his support to Frank Ocean and marriage equality: “I could care less about what his personal preference is in the bedroom… To each his own. People make choices, you can live your life your way.”
– Jesse Tyler Ferguson is a candidate caught up in identity politics:
Unknown iFrame situation