Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– Oreo cookies showed its pride on Facebook yesterday with the message “Proudly support love!” Unfortunately, cookies do not actually come in those colors.
– What commitments to listen for at the Pentagon’s Pride Month event today.
– The Maryland Marriage Alliance submitted an additional 40,000 signatures to challenge the marriage equality law.
– The National Stonewall Democrats announced its first 25 endorsements yesterday.
– Salon highlights 21 historic closet cases who were notoriously homophobic before being outed.
– Congressional groups participated in a forum on “Invisible Lives,” last week, discussing the experiences of people who are both black and LGBT.
– Young people shared many stories of homelessness, bullying, and discrimination at this weekend’s Massachusetts Commission on GLBT Youth.
– The Arizona State Bar has elected attorney Amelia Craig Cramer as its president, the organization’s first openly gay or lesbian leader.
– The school board in Helena, Montana is considering extending domestic partner benefits.
– Newly engaged Dr. Scout and Liz Margolies talked to Melissa Harris-Perry about reactions to their White House proposal:
Unknown iFrame situation