Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– GLAAD has refused the New York Post access to its media awards because of its history of anti-transgender coverage, which it refuses to discuss.
– The marriage equality bill in Illinois is still short votes in the Democrat-controlled House.
– Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper (D) overstated civil unions just a bit by claiming “today, every Coloradan has equal rights.”
– The Rhode Island Senate is now floating a referendum to vote on marriage equality instead of just passing it.
– Utah state senator Stuart Reid (R) believes homosexuality should still be outlawed.
– The chairman of the Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians in Michigan, which recently passed marriage equality, has agreed not only to sign the marriage bill, but will also then officiate a same-sex wedding.
– Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden (D) — son of Vice President Joe Biden (D) — has endorsed marriage equality: