Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– Is a Washington state anti-LGBT group intentionally misleading supporters of marriage equality about how to vote on Referendum 74?
– GLAD’s Spirit Day Ambassador Katy Butler is calling on both presidential candidates to wear purple on October 19 in a symbolic gesture against bullying.
– The problem of teen bullying was on display in Brusnwick, Maryland, when a bullied teen was bullied further during a TV interview about his experiences being bullied.
– A South African doctor who used shock treatment on gay soldiers to “cure” them will stand trial for allegations of sexually assaulting male patients.
– Big Bird, a surprising player in this year’s presidential election, was created by a same-sex couple.
– In France, the new government has announced it will unveil marriage equality legislation at an October 31 cabinet meeting.
– But a Ugandan member of the Pan African Parliament demanded Tuesday that the entire continent establish life imprisonment for gay and lesbian people.
– Watch MTV’s It Gets Better 2nd Anniversary Special (h/t: GoodAsYou)