Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– Brad Pitt has contributed $100,000 to HRC’s marriage equality efforts to help win in Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, and Washington.
– The National Organization for Marriage has not given up its vindictive campaign against pro-equality Republicans in New York.
– A Los Angeles couple that has had a prominent leadership position in the Log Cabin Republicans over the past year has disowned the group over its endorsement of Mitt Romney.
– Infamous ex-gay therapist Richard Cohen is apparently a Moonie, a member of the Unification Church.
– Northwest Missouri State University has 35 students participating in gender-neutral housing this fall.
– Students at the University of Texas, Arlington are calling for gender-neutral bathrooms.
– The European Court of Human Rights has found the Turkish government guilty of improperly treating a gay prisoner by putting him in solitary confinement.
– A new study in the UK finds that homophobia is a big detractor from young LGBT people participating in sports or being open about their identities when they do.