Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– A Nevada state lawmaker will propose legislation to repeal the state’s constitutional ban on same-sex marriage.
– Rev. Jesse Jackson would have no problem performing a same-sex marriage if he was asked to.
– Christian and Muslim parents in Canada want to be warned when their kids learn anything about sexuality or sexual health.
– St. Petersburg, Russia plans to hold Queer Fest despite the new law banning “homosexual propaganda.”
– Britain has made a new commitment to funding anti-suicide efforts.
– Though there was a slight increase in support for LGBT protections, a new survey of Jamaican attitudes finds that most of the country still believe homosexuality is immoral.
– A finalist in a Vietnam song contest came out publicly as trans.
– With the premiere of The New Normal, GLAAD offers a timeline of LGBT families on TV.
– Anderson Cooper chatted with co-host Kristin Chenoweth about coming out this summer: