“State inspectors said Tuesday that three men died at the Minneapolis Veterans Home after neglect or medication errors last month, and Gov. Tim Pawlenty promptly ordered the Minnesota Department of Health to begin monitoring day-to-day operations of the state-owned nursing home. … Two of the men who died were in hospice care; one was given penicillin and the other morphine sulfate when they were allergic to the drugs. … The third man was a diabetic who died after five nurses improperly monitored his plunging blood sugar. One nurse gave him a medication that lowered his blood sugar further.”
Three dead at veterans home after errors.