It’s been one week under Donald Trump’s presidency and there were no shortage of falsehoods told, from the size of his inauguration crowds to the efficacy of torture.
Watch the video above to see all 11 of them for yourself. And check out this first installment of our new weekly series, “This Week in Trump’s America,” to get a comprehensive roundup of his first week in office.
Saturday, Jan. 21
- PRESIDENT TRUMP: As you know I have a running war with the media. And they sort of made it sound like I had a feud with the intelligence community
JIM SCIUTTO; CNN: And that’s just not true. Look him up on the internet if you don’t believe me. Many tweets from the President, many public comments on tape disparaging, dismissing, undermining the intelligence community
2. WH.gov : Standing Up For Our Law Enforcement CommunityIn our nation’s capital, killings rose by 50 percent over the past four years.
POLITIFACT: White House website says D.C. homicides climbed 50 percent, but more recent data shows they fell.
3. SEAN SPICER: This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period. Both in person and around the globe.
TWEET; REUTERS: Trump’s Inauguration vs. Obama’s Inauguration
Monday Jan. 23
4. PRESIDENT TRUMP: I’m a very big person when it comes to the environment, I’ve received awards on the environment.
WASHINGTON POST: Trump’s unsupported claim he has ‘received awards on the environment’
Tuesday, Jan. 24
5.CECILIA VEGA, ABC NEWS: Does the President believe that millions voted illegally in this election and what evidence do you have of widespread voter fraud if that’s the case?
SPICER: The President does believe that.
CHRIS CUOMO, CNN: President Trump falsely claiming once again that voter fraud cost him the popular vote. He offered no proof and there is no proof.
Wednesday, Jan. 25
6. DAVID MUIR; ABC NEWS: Will American taxpayers pay for the wall?
PRESIDENT TRUMP: Ultimately we will be, in a form, reimbursed by Mexico
MUIR: So they’ll pay us back?
TRUMP: Yes, absolutely.
BBC: Mexico: We will not pay for Trump’s border wall
7. PRESIDENT TRUMP: Does torture work? And the answer was yes, absolutely.
SENATE SELECT COMMITTEE ON INTELLIGENCE: The Committee makes the following findings and conclusions: #1 The CIA’s use of its enhanced interrogation techniques was not an effective means of acquiring intelligence or gaining cooperation from detainees.
8. PRESIDENT TRUMP: We’re going to have extreme vetting. It’s going to be very hard to get in. Right now it’s very easy to get in
9. PRESIDENT TRUMP: You had millions of people that liked their health insurance or their healthcare and their doctor and where they went. You have millions of people who aren’t insured anymore.
CNBC: Obamacare brings record low for US health uninsured rate
Thursday, Jan. 26
PRESIDENT TRUMP: Here in Philadelphia, the murder rate has been steady, I mean just terribly increasing.
PHILLY.COM: Trump said Philly’s murder rate is ‘terribly increasing.’ It’s not.
11. PRESIDENT TRUMP: The President of Mexico and myself have agreed to cancel our planned meeting scheduled for next week.
NEW YORK TIMES: Mexico’s President Cancels Meeting With Trump Over Wall
SEAN SPICER: I believe we have to be honest with the American people.