In the race for the Republican presidential nomination, the media has focused on a succession of colorful Republican contenders and pretenders: Sarah Palin, Donald Trump, Michele Bachmann, and Herman Cain.
Meanwhile Mitt Romney, still the odds-on favorite to capture the GOP nomination, has entered the “Mittness Protection Program,” avoiding scrutiny whenever possible. As a result, his actual views and record are still largely unknown.
To solve this problem, ThinkProgress has compiled 99 key facts about Mitt Romney. Some examples:
4. Mitt Romney set up shell companies in the Cayman Islands and Bermuda to avoid U.S. taxes.[Los Angeles Times, 12/19/2007]
9. In 2008, Mitt Romney proposed a $233 billion “stimulus package” to boost the economy. [USA Today, 01/20/2008]
30. Mitt Romney said he “cannot see that a Cabinet position would be justified” for an American Muslim.[Politico, 11/27/2007]
62. Mitt Romney has signed the National Organization for Marriage anti-gay campaign pledge, calling for a federal amendment outlawing same-sex marriage.[ThinkProgress, 08/4/2011]
85. Mitt Romney said he finds “it hard to disagree with Rush Limbaugh on topics.” [ThinkProgress, 03/9/2010]
Each of the 99 facts can be shared individually on Facebook and Twitter. So be sure to share your favorites.
You can check out the full list HERE.